[hpsdr] optimizing my PC for TCP/IP to Hermes/Metix?

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Jul 26 12:47:19 PDT 2012

ah ha, thank you Simon,
well, perhaps I should purchase a PCIe Gigabit LAN card for
my Dell desktop. It is currently 100BT. My mITX (Atom 330)
seems to have come with Gigabit ports and shows a 1000BT
connection to my D-Link Gigabit switch here in the shack.

I am trying to prepare for the Hermes/ANAN-10 and there is
just no info out there about how it will perform and what
my PC should be prepared to transfer?

suggestions for a good Gigabit PCIe card? or maybe I am
limited to PCI cards (ugh!) I better find out <g>

thank you dear Simon,
73 Ken