[hpsdr] ADC Question

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Jul 26 22:51:02 PDT 2012

Hi Larry,

I confirm that the LTC2209 is a drop-in replacement for the 2208 and runs fine at a higher clock frequency since I have one installed on a Mercury board.

The NF of the LTC2208 is about 30 dB  (as long as you don’t follow the data sheet and resistively terminate the input) so is usable up to about 17 m without a preamp when connected to an efficient antenna.

73 Phil....VK6APH