[hpsdr] Munin - Heat Spreader under Final Transistors...

Bob G Mahrenholz bobm at edge.net
Fri Jul 27 14:54:22 PDT 2012

Hi Pete,

I bought a 4" piece of 1/8" x 1-1/4" copper bar from Speedy Metals LLC
to put under the output transistors to conduct to my heat sink. It works
great! The transistors really run cool to the touch but the heat sink
gets quite warm. This was their CA 110 copper bar which they sell by
the inch.

I got one of Communication Concepts 12" heat sinks so I wouldn't have to
listen to a fan and it works.

I used RadioShack's 28-1099 Thermal Compound between the transistors and
the copper bar and between the copper bar and the heatsink.

The piece of copper bar was only $4.60 but the freight cost me $17.30!
I don't have Speedy Metals LLC webb address right off hand but their
E-mail is joe_f at speedymetals.com and their phone is 262-784-4140.

73,
Bob, K4QQK