[hpsdr] ADC Question

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun Jul 29 00:41:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

it's not very helpful to evaluate ADCs by comparing SNR, SFDR or ENOB
exhibited in the data sheets.   These data refer to the full Nquist zone and
to one-tone testing. Our SDR is usually a 'small band' application.

Check up noisefloor , IMDR or NPR criteria also in the data sheets. Some
supplier like TI and NS publish these infos meanwhile. Note the measurements
of Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ, HB9AJG, I2VGO etc. You will recognize that IMD is the
most ticklish issue  in a SDR too and distance to perfect analog designs is
not so far.

73 Helmut, DC6NY