[hpsdr] why are my messages being bounced as 'too big'?

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Tue Jul 31 23:48:06 PDT 2012

George, Helmut,

On 08/01/2012 08:36 AM, Helmut, DC6NY wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> I was fallen also into this trap. It's really not funny just time wasting.
> No idea what the reason is.

One thing to test. If you get a message rejected, look at the message
you sent, it should show up in the Sent-folder in your mail client
software (or whatever Outlook calls it). Look at what size the message
has. Does it seem strangely big, i.e. adding 2-3 lines to 10-12 lines
showing up as 15 kB? Well, then take a look at the source and look for
clues there. Perhaps the message has been chopped up in parts? Perhaps
there are two parts, one in plain text, one in HTML?

Another thing to do, is to trim the message you reply to. Often it is
not needed to include the whole message you replied to. Think of a
thread where everyone does this. Then we will finally hit the barrier
and the message deemed too big. So trim the message you reply to, and
the chances that your message will be returned deemed to big will diminish.

73 de Lars, sm6rpz
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/