[hpsdr] Raspberry Pi

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:03:31 PDT 2012

I received my first Raspberry Pi just over a week ago and have had some
fun playing with it.

I have been able to compile my ghpsdr3 server and dspserver on it and
have run both.  Note that dspserver includes DttSP.

The server runs with no problems and does not use up too much cpu, but
dspserver overloads the cpu.  Not surprising as there is currently no
help for the DSP code.

I have tried to build QtRadio and run it, but it is having some problems
running.  The version of Qt 5 that runs on the RPi is still a very early
version and has some problems.

I was able to run the Java client (jMonitor) on the RPi connecting to
another server running the HPSDR server and the dspserver.  The current
version of Java does not support the audio on the RPi so I could not get
any audio output on it, but the audio was playing back with no problems
from Mercury.

I have put some screen shots and a short video on my blog -
g0orx.blogspot.com.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt