[hpsdr] SunSDR2 - new TRX

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Jun 3 07:47:08 PDT 2012

All of these so-called "competitors" to Hermes offered up lately appear to me to fall well short of the performance and esthetically pleasing arrangement of Hermes itself.

After testing the prototype Hermes hardware, firmware, and software I sure wouldn't choose any of those so-called competitors over Hermes, not after experiencing the superb performance I see from Hermes.  In addition the slick packaging options for Hermes are great, in my opinion.

FYI, Abhi and I have created and are testing a 4 Rx version of the Hermes firmware that, while using 99% of the available logic resources in the FPGA seems to work fine; not that we recommend loading the FPGA that high.  A more realistic loading would likely be 2 Rx or 3 Rx, leaving room for additional features to be added to the firmware later.

The grass sometimes appears greener on the other side of the fence (but actually it isn't!), in this case.

73,  Joe K5SO