[hpsdr] SDR DF

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 11 17:50:08 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I'm just catching up on mail after a week in the windy city full of road toll boths. My goodness all they need is trolls.
I have 1 question on the method shown in the video. I have found MUXes generate a transient when they change channels. This is caused by the digital control bleeding into the analog. Does anyone know how the user blanks this transient? A 3.3 or 5 volt digital address control put needs many dB of isolation
The faster you rotate the more noise you generate. This isn't a problem with strong local signals but when you listen to weak stations this transient becomes a problem raising the noise floor. I tried to build the ultimate hardware noise blanker years ago so know the switch problem well. So Joe I think it might be better with multiple receivers if you could solve the timing problem. Frank WA1GFZ