[hpsdr] spikes

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Tue Mar 13 12:07:02 PDT 2012

Okay, after a couple weekends of "no HPSDR radio found" I managed to get
everything to power up again and... the signal seems clear.  At least clear
enough to hear people talking from the other side of the country (although
WWV is still extremely faint).  At this point I'm not sure whether it's the
new firmware, new software, new ethernet cable, new refrigerator, or
different radio position (are wood stoves considered grounded? it's a
rather large hunk of metal in any case), although I'm grateful that the
thing seems to be working again.

I am still interested in knowing where I can buy "red coils" or something
usefully equivalent, in the case that I still decide to make my own HPF (at
least before spending the money for Alex).  I'm assuming that TAPR likely
has very few of these available (if any), is there a good website I can go
to where I can at least learn the difference between red coils and black
coils?