[hpsdr] Transmitting with GHPSDR Standalone

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 18:32:39 PDT 2012

Does ghpsdr standalone support transmitting? The web page has a note
dated Aug 2009 saying it does not have a full TX function, but it will
soon. And the UI seems to indicate that transmit is supported.

I have PennyLane and Metis, with a telegraph key connected to the DB-9
connector on Metis. With PowerSDR I'm able to transmit into a dummy load
when I press the key. I see the LEDs on PennyLane indicating the output
power in accordance with the drive settings, I see TX PWR level on the
meter of the UI display as expected, and I see the appropriate DC
voltage at the diode of the dummy load.

But when I try to transmit with ghpsdr standalone, I get constantly
changing SWR values on the meter of the UI display, no LEDs lit for
power output on PennyLane, and no voltage across the dummy load.

The software is aware that I'm keying, as I hear a relay click in the
hardware, and the received signals disappear on the panadapter when I
key down. Also PennyLane LED on the far right goes to fast-blink,
indicating PTT engaged.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, and I'm running the ghpsdr binary from
the svn repo, i.e. bin/ghpsdr. If I try to run bin/Linux64/ghpsdr I get
a seg fault. If I try to build from source, I get

"/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:34:24: fatal error: glibconfig.h:
No such file or directory"

I installed the required libraries per the README file, and the file
glibconfig.h is present on my system. I tried setting CFLAGS to
-Ipath-to-glibconfig.h, but that doesn't help either. I can built DttSP
for what that's worth. I don't see libDttSP.a anywhere in the source
files as the README says, but I built it successfully and copied it to
the installation directory.

So all I can do is run the executable from the bin directory, which
seems to work properly for RX.
.

I played with available software settings, with no change. I don't know
if I'm doing something wrong or if transmit is just not supported.

Mark K4XML