[hpsdr] Hermes - initial powerup

Kevin Wheatley kevin.m0khz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:10:18 PDT 2012

Hermes arrived here in the UK today, great looking board :)

As arrived straight out of the box and checking jumpers (nothing changed from Scotty's delivered configuration).
13.8V applied, DHCP address obtained.... good start :)

Using W5WC's PowersSDR software version 2.2.3 (1/21/12), I can see my Hermes IP and MAC address.... great start :)

Hitting the power on button, I get an error message -

Invalid Firmware, you have Metis 1.3
Mercury 1.3
Penny 1.2

Do I need to upgrade the fpga firmware, or run a different version of W5WC software?

Run out of time tonight, fun resumes tomorrow :)

73's
Kevin