[hpsdr] Getting PowerSDR to display SWR

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Mar 7 16:39:42 PST 2012

Hi John,

Your correct, we did look at this before.  From memory the issues is that there is a delay between the FWD and REV samples that means for  other than a steady carrier the SWR reading is meaningless.  I think this was a problem with the Flex hardware but not sure if we will have the same problem.

The solution may be to calculate the SWR in the FPGA on Penny(Lane) since that will have the least sample delays.

73 Phil...VK6APH