[hpsdr] From ALTERA: : Simple Procedure for Quickly Updating Firmware on Mercury, Pennylane and Other HPSDR Boards

Bob G Mahrenholz bobm at edge.net
Fri Mar 30 18:16:10 PDT 2012

Lester,
Try this:

1. Turn on computer.(Blaster unplugged)
2. Plug Blaster into its USB port.
3. Start quartus-pgmw
4. When you get the Programmer window, Set "Mode:"(at top right of window) to "Active Serial Programming".
5. Click "Hardware Setup" at top left of window.
6. A "Hardware Setup" window should appear with "USB-Blaster" listed for "Hardware".
7. Double click "USB-Blaster" and then click "Close". Do not click "Add Hardware..."
8. "USB-Blaster [USB-0]" should appear after "Hardware Setup..." at the top of the original Programmer Window.
9. Continue on to Add File that has the .pof file in it per my original instructions.

Hope this works for you.
Bob