[hpsdr] DigL/U Returns LSB/USB

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu May 31 07:52:33 PDT 2012

> Within PowerSDR Setup, and under the CAT Control Tab, there is a Tick
> Box option, alongside it is written 'DigL/U Returns LSB/USB'.  What is
> this for please, I can notice no difference whether it is ticked or
> not?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.

Hi Jeff. As I understand the PSDR manual, it seems you should check this box
if your digital application program (i.e. Fldigi, HRD, etc) uses AFSK and
leave it unchecked if it uses straight FSK. With the box unchecked, the UI
setting DigiL is mapped to CAT command FSK-R (FSK with mark and space
frequencies reversed) and DigiU is mapped to CAT command FSK. This would be
appropriate if your digital program is modulating the signal by directly
varying the carrier frequency in accordance with the digital data stream
(i.e. straight FSK). With the box checked, the setting DigiL will be mapped
to the CAT command LSB and DigiU will be mapped to CAT command USB. This
would be appropriate if your digital program is modulating an audio
frequency signal in accordance with the digital data stream, and feeding
this modulated AF signal into the SSB modulator (i.e. AFSK). Hopefully your
digital program gives you what you need to determine which setting is
appropriate.

-Mark K4XML