[hpsdr] Difference in levels in cuSDR?

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Mon Nov 12 02:01:45 PST 2012

  Hermann,

I've noticed that the peak for various spurs have a 20 db difference in
level between the wideband window and the receiver window (The level in
the receiver window is 20 db higher than the level in the wideband
window). Is that a bug, or am I missing something? In particular if you
have a terminator on the receiver input I believe most people will see a
spur at 50 Mhz that is visible in the wideband window. I'm using that
for comparing the levels.

Note that since the spur is at a fairly consistent level this 20 db
difference isn't really affected by the averaging filter setting, or the
panadapter averaging, etc.

Thanks,

John
AC0ZG