[hpsdr] Hermes Project Badly Handled

kristine sdrhiq at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:25:26 PST 2012

Greetings,

I received Hermes - Bare PCB from TAPR a month back - looks Good.

This is a Extremely high cost project - I really feel this has been badly
handled by the person who have done the final board design.

There are several mistakes/disparity in the Schematics, BOM, Bare PCB
Received
and the Hermes photo. *I am preparing a complete documentation about the
disparity at a cost.*

Which one to take into account is doubtful. None of the above matches with
each other. Like there are few components which is there in the Hermes
component loaded Board presented in the site, those components are also
present in the Bare pcb but unfortunately, there is no information in the
BOM - bit crazy. This shouldn't have never happened if Schematics could
have considered the base-point or reference point. This kind of release
will jeopardize the tempo of all user in HPSDR group who would like to
build  his own device a bit discouraging factor.

What I understand Kjell, Kevin, Phil are the right persons who can respond
to this.

73's
Terry