[hpsdr] VNA group buy

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Sun Nov 4 18:20:47 PST 2012

Hi Dean,
   (I hope you're doing well in recovering from Sandy!)

   The components of the kit have not fully been determined.
I started with just the MiniCircuitsTC1-1-13, but then noticed that the
RG-178 seemed to be only available on a 25m spool for about $108, so it
seemed that it would be good to add an 18 inch piece to the kit.
The ferrite beads are pretty cheap, $0.21 each in single quantity from
DIgikey, but there is a $5 service charge for orders under $25.
Then there are the two small PC boards, designed using ExpressPCB.  The
standard "miniboard" order of 3 boards is $51 plus shipping and tax, but
if the design were replicated, at least 4 copies could fit on each
board, so that one order would produce 12 boards.
At the moment I'm trying to track down the PC edge SMA connector, which
might also be added to the kit.

What would you like to see in the kit?
(There are currently requested 39 kits, nicely very close to a
MiniCircuits standard lot.  A lot of 50 is also available.)

Dave
wa8ywq

--
Clear Stream Technologies