[hpsdr] Hermes Documentation

Jim Gailer lists at kingstag.net
Wed Nov 7 02:52:17 PST 2012

Hi

I have been building my Hermes and have become concerned (and nervous) as to
whether I am using the correct build information. I have found several
additional new (I think) errors, or it may be that I am building from old
data.

Can someone in the know confirm that the documents I am using are the
current ones please?

BOM
An Excel file named 1003_HERMES_PROD_BOM_FINAL.xls (presumably there is a
correction note to this to allow the board to be populated correctly in
production?)

SCHEMATIC
The sheet labels state that this is Revision GAMMA v15

GERBERS and COMPONENT PLACEMENT
It would be very useful to have a copy of the as-built Gerber files (to
understand what's going on inside the board layers and to check the
component numbering - Sometimes a zero is similar to an 8 and a 5 to a 6
with silk screen resolution). The top/bottom+comps file in the SVN is not
current for the TAPR boards.

Would it not be possible to place a set of production 'as-built' data, plus
any corrections/amendments for these documents on the SVN, under rudimentary
date and version control? (Maybe they're there but I have not found them, if
so, I apologise). This is an expensive board to build, faults due wrong
components fitted being probably subtle and the risk of spoiling a
magnificent board during rework all too real.

73 and thanks in advance

Jim G3RTD