[hpsdr] Hermes BOM

Abhi A abhiarunoday at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:11:45 PST 2012

Hi Jim,

I have uploaded the corrected BOM at:
https://apache-labs.com/al-downloads/1002/Hermes-Design-Files.html

C13
The part number in the BOM buys a capacitor that is much too small for the
PCB (it seems that the earlier boards were correct in this respect). Can
anyone say what the correct component is please? How should the trap C13/L3
be adjusted, it seems to have a range about 43 to 96MHz?

Please download the latest BOM, it has the corrected part number

U1
The BOM shows Digi-Key M25P16-VMW6G-ND which is a wide SOIC-8 part (in tube
packaging). The board has pads for the SOIC-8 which is Digi-Key
M25P16-VMN6TPCT-ND (cut tape), I don't know whether the wide part will fit.
Mouser have this part marked 'obsolete' by the way.

Corrected

A number of resistors, value 0R, are fitted across pads that are already
shorted on the PCB. Presumably these can be left unfitted?

You may leave these unpopulated

R125 should be 536k (which matches the datasheet example for a 5 volt
regulator and the schematic). The BOM gives a Digi-Key part number
541-270KCCT-ND, which is 270k. For 536k, the part number should be
541-536KCCT-ND. 270k will give a 5 volt rail at about 2.9 volts.

Corrected

Please do let me know if you see anything else amiss,

73s,
Abhi