[hpsdr] What is the Status of Munin?

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Nov 18 05:58:55 PST 2012

Hi Mike,

I cannot comment on the 'official' status of Munin but there has been
some progress to the extent that I and several others obtained bare
PCB's and component sets and have assembled the amp.  I tend to think of
mine as a late 'Beta' although I think the board design is stable now.

In my case the amp is more or less functional pending resolution of some
"RF getting into the PC" problems I ran into.  At present I have put
resolution of those problems on hold while I determine how to package
the unit.  I've opted not to put it inside Pandora: I'll give it its own
enclosure with fan.

The construction and testing certainly posed some challenges for me
(other than PennyWhistle, I've never built an amp before).  However, I
overcame those issues and the amp is now generating ~100W and has
actually been on the air in a real QSO, if only for a few minutes!

I suspect Kjell (the designer) and/or Scotty (TAPR) will have accurate
info on the overall project status.  Most likely they have been tied up
with Hermes and related things lately.

73, Pete, N3EVL