[hpsdr] TAPR Hermes - Noise on Audio Out

Tom McDermott tom.mcdermott4 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 08:20:30 PST 2012

Hi Ron,

I have one PC that does this. A quick and easy check is to turn off VAC (Virtual
Audio Cable) function - a checkbox on the PSDR screen. Then hookup your computer
speaker to the headphone jack on Hermes instead of your computer.  When I did this,
the audio went from scratchy to clean. Running the DPC checks as suggested did not
indicate any issue with the problem computer.

-- Tom, N5EG