[hpsdr] Roll Your own Hermes Enclosure

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Sun Nov 25 23:55:03 PST 2012

Hi Tim

I think if you go to Ace or True Value hardware they stock 1/4" x 0.062"
nylon washers [mine does].  If you get two for each SMA jack you will
have a nice 0.124" spacer.  The SMA's are long enough that this should
not affect attaching the plugs and will allow the jacks to come through
the front panel with out milling the case.

The Hammond CAD drawings indicate that the plastic ends are 0.140" thick
if you can read the dwg file.  That changes the overall length from
6.299" to 6.579" or 6 37/64" and my plastic ruler indicate that there is
plenty of room left over at the rear for nylon spacers.

There are some drilling templates on the SVN courtesy of Ian Guffick G7JXY.
svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Hermes/Documentation/Hermes_Hammond_Frontpanel_Cutouts_V1.pdf

Dick  K9IVB