[hpsdr] cuSDR remote operation?

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Nov 26 11:26:45 PST 2012

On Nov 26, 2012, at 11:09 AM, "Aivars Straupe" <yl2gvc at inbox.lv> wrote:

>  Thanks Jeremy!
> But I think, if I will make port forwarding on my router, will it help?

You can't port-forward a broadcast packet really.  You could try to play arp games and such, but I don't think it would work out all that well.

I also think your bandwidth estimate is probably a little low.  At 192k my instrumentation on Heterodyne for iPad stabilizes out at right around 12Mbps.  I haven't measured at 48kHz, but I'd expect the datarate to be right around 1/4 the speed.  That would be about 3Mbps, not 600k.  Just doing the raw math and not accounting for headers or any other overhead, you're going to have 96000 (48k *2 because you have both an I and Q sample) samples at 24 bits apiece per second.  That's 2304000 bits/sec, a little over 2Mbps.

> I could try to test it. But any way I need to know all used ports. OK, I'm not a smart guy in these net things ;-)

I believe it was Berndt in Oz that tried to test it out with my gear earlier this year and couldn't get it to work.  That's not to say absolutely that it can't, but it will take some serious hacking on your network gear beyond just forwarding ports.

> About audio, I think all software developers for HPSDR should think about sound on computer as well. If it's work with VAC, then it shouldn't be the case.

I think what folks have been doing is routing a VAC connection out to normal hardware.  I'm just the Apple guy, I don't necessarily know what goes on with Windows stuff.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com