[hpsdr] Hermes Initial results and TX Question

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Nov 29 14:55:29 PST 2012

Hi John,

He might need a blaster cable.  It depends upon whether the initial firmware in his Hermes board contains the bootloader code or not.  Unfortunately, some Apache-Labs boards were shipped without such code in the EEPROM, I understand.   If HPSDRProgrammer seems to complete it's task in upgrading according to the manual but the firmware isn't actually changed on the board, then it is highly likely that the board does not contain the required bootloader code and will need a blaster cable one time to put things right.

73,  Joe K5SO