[hpsdr] ADC Overload warning when using ALEX.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Mon Oct 8 04:13:52 PDT 2012

Hi all.

I know there have been some discussion of this before. I have had problems
with ADC Overload Warning when operating on the bands from 15 meter and up
after I started to use Alex with Munin as PA. It delivers > 120W PEP and
at power levels above 80-100W, the ADC Overload comes on.

In the new version of PowerSDR in combination with Mercury v3.3 and Metis
v1.9, there are extra buttons under Alex Antenna  Control for: "ATT on
TX", "RX1 Out on TX" and "SWR Protection".

When "ATT on TX" and "RX1 Out on TX" are checked, the ADC overload problem
seems to be solved. If a shorted BNC connector is placed into RX1 Out, I
believe the protection of the ADC is even better.

The warning on High SWR is a good reminder too!

Now the problems I saw with Alex not selecting the right Antenna are also
solved as far as I can see so far.

Thanks to all the contributors to the new software and firmware!

73, Kjell