[hpsdr] link broken on wiki: searching for info to solve the 'KK doesn't work with latest firmware'

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Oct 24 07:40:02 PDT 2012

The page http://openhpsdr.org/support.php#Ozy seems to have a broken link to the latest
Ozy protocol manual.  http://openhpsdr.org/support/Ozy/USB_protocol_V1.43.pdf does NOT do
anything but generate a '404' error.

I'm looking for the latest Ozy protocol document because of the recent problem reported
with latest firmware (supporting 2 RX on mercury).  Phil and I have been chasing it down.
Many thanks to Phil, as my Alex is in the capable hands of Scotty and Dan for some
'regrooving' and packaging along with the rest of one of my Pandora cases and full
contents.  I'm a bit short of time due to work right now, but want the job done right!

This morning (USA time), Phil and I had a breakthrough. It turns out that KK 1.1.19 is
fine, IF you make sure that 'mute RX on PTT' is NOT checked.  If not checked 'duplex' mode
is implied.  The recent change in 1.1.19 is to NOT distribute KK.CSV, but to create it at
first run, which allows a previous KK.CSV to be retained across version upgrades.  Phil
checked an older version (1.1.16) for me, by deleting KK.CSV, and discovered that the
relay chatter occurred.

I would like the latest protocol manual so that I can be sure that 'C4' shouldn't have
some other bits set.  We are correctly setting C4 for '1 RX', but if we do NOT pass the
'duplex' bit in C4 as set, the relays chatter.  Now, absent seeing the latest protocol
document, I suspect that the firmware may NOT be doing the right thing when set to '1 rx'
and NOT 'duplex', and the Alex relays are chattering because of that.

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV