[hpsdr] Hermes BOM Corrections

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Wed Oct 10 11:22:30 PDT 2012

There is an old saying that "The Job is not done until the  paperwork is
finished" !

The hardware appears to be outstanding from all of the reports and
everyone should be optimistly awaiting the delivery of the Hermes boards
as the posts acknowledge that they are in production in both places,
after a fine job by everyone on the team.

Rob noticed the BOM corrections that are needed on the Apache Labs document.

Has anyone else noted the other documentation blips or omissions? or any
additional items ?

There does not seem to be a HPSDR BOM as yet and there are no connection
cables, hardware etc. details on any BOM.

The Schematics on Apache Labs [1005_HERMES_PRODUCTION.pdf] and the HPSDR
copy [ <cid:part1.08000005.00040507 at cox.net>Hermes_Final_ Changes.pdf]
differ in content but have the same revision number and title block.

The gerbers that match the schematics are not yet available, but blank
boards have shipped.

The  documents on : "repos_sdr_hpsdr - Revision 2510:
/trunk/Hermes/Documentation" are mostly out of date and generally apply
to the prototypes and not production boards.

The  photos on Apache Labs of Hermes :"production boards" do not come
close to matching the graphics in the current version of the  ver 1.6
User manual.

End plate drawings were requested on list [8/13/2012 post] and shortly
after stated that thy would be posted after the mechanical dimensions of
the PCB were finalized.

I am not certain how anyone building blank boards are doing, but the
above items are likely causing some grief somewhere.

Perhaps someone could publish a time line for the loose ends.