[hpsdr] ADC overload problems.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Tue Oct 16 10:47:34 PDT 2012

Hi All.

I have had some problems lately that I have never seen before after I
started to use HPSDR. I have never before received so strong signals that
the ADC Overload shows but during the last days I had ADC Overload several
times. At the same time I saw hundreds of spurs across the whole 80 meter
band with strength around S9+ 20-30 dB. I used my Marconi Spectrum
Analyzer and located the signal to 4,545 MHz the first time and the
strength was up to +10 dBm. It was keyed very fast, 150-200 pr. sec. but
no code sent as far as I heard.  Today a signal is on at 4,040 but now it
is continuous with AM modulation (3,5 KHz and 100% modulated). The
strength is up to + 10 dBm on my 80 meter loop antenna. It is on and for a
few minutes.

Another Ham around 6 Km from me has about the same signal strength as I
measure.

We are going to see if we can locate this transmitters. I am quite sure it
has not been active before.

73, Kjell