[hpsdr] Is anyone doing a Hermes Mini-Circuits group buy

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Thu Oct 18 20:05:06 PDT 2012

OK.  Thanks.
I see that the RLP-40+ has only 0.5 dB higher loss (S21) at 54 MHz,
but has more than 25 dB higher rejection at 80 MHz.

We will change the Hermes "kit" to have one each of the RLP-40+ and the
RLP-50+

I'll make up a spreadsheet with everyone's requests so far, grouped into
EU, US & Canada, and VK.

Maybe Reid Gi8TME/Mi0BOT or someone else in the UK could take care of
that group.

(I wonder about the rejection provided by either filter of the alias
signals when operating on the 6m band.  Probably worth a measurement.)

73,
Dave
WA8YWQ

On 10/18/2012 12:07 AM, Kjell Karlsen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I discovered that there must be a fault in the parts list. Only one
> RLP-50+ (FL6 in RX) is used on Hermes. In the TX, RLP-40+ (FL1) is the
> one used.
>
> If it
>

> På Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:22:03 +0200, skrev David McQuate
> <mcquate at sonic.net>:

>> with interest expressed by--
>> N4IK, AA8K, WA8YWQ, W1COW, KD1ZZ, VK3YC, IW2FDH, WB4JFI, G0ORX/N6LYT,
>> VE7VIB
>> The following are the requested parts:
>> 24 RLP-50+
>> 12 LFCV-52+
>> 24 TC1-1TG2+
>> 24 TC4-1T+
>> 16 ADT1.5-1+
>> 12 DAT-31-SP+
>>
>> Unfortunately, it's not just a minimum quantity, but MiniCircuits
>> wants to sell only in full "reel" quantities, meaning exact multiples
>> of 20, except for the RLP-50+, which is available in multiples of 10.
>>
>> Let's see how many more people want to get in on this.
>>
>> Dave
>> wa8ywq

Clear Stream Technologies