[hpsdr] An interesting SDR Project

KA5FPT Paul ka5fpt at tx.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 22:08:59 PDT 2012

Just a follow up to my post, I just found this in the October 24th
edition of the ARRL Contest Update:

*Technical Web Site of the Week* - Software-defined radio is rapidly
approaching a tipping point where it becomes so affordable it will start
crowding out traditional radio architectures. For example, this Slashdot
<http://slashdot.org/story/12/10/22/0518231> story notes that at the
ToorCon hacker conference in San Diego, Michael Ossmann of Great Scott
Gadgets revealed a beta version of the HackRF Jawbreaker
<http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/10/19/darpa-funded-radio-hackrf-aims-to-be-a-300-wireless-swiss-army-knife-for-hackers/>,
It can both read and transmit signals from 100 MHz to 6 GHz. At
Ossmann's target price of $300, the versatile, open-source devices would
cost less than half as much as currently existing software-defined
radios with the same capabilities. The Defense Advanced Research
Projects Agency (DARPA) pitched in $200,000 last February as part of its
Cyber Fast Track program.

So it looks as if it may be available soon.

Paul KA5FPT