[hpsdr] Hermes Documentation

John Marvin jm-hpsdr at themarvins.org
Thu Oct 25 12:02:10 PDT 2012

Here are some documentation problems and/or posssible enhancements I found:

1) Page 11: Documentation for J11 says that it provides an open drain
PTT output that is common with pin 13 on J16. However the documentation
for J16 says that pin 13 is user digital input 4, and that pin 25 is the
PTT output.

2) Page 12: Document says that J27 (Left speaker output) is not fitted
during manufacture. It's present on my Hermes board.

3) Page 13 documents the various LED's. Later on there is text that says
this is subject to change, so I don't know if the intention is to keep
this part of the document up to date with the latest firmware or not. I
noticed one error and one possible enhancement:

     a) LED8 appears to be the DHCP status led, not LED7.
     b) There's reference to a "STATUS LED" that flashes twice per
second. This appears to be D6 currently. Should D6 be documented as the
status led?

Regards,

John
AC0ZG