[hpsdr] HPDSR Vs Elecraft K3

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Oct 28 03:45:48 PDT 2012

Hi Luke,

My writing buddy Steve, VK6VZ, is a world class 160m CW operator.  He and an ex maritime service professional CW operator, Fred, G6GE,  did a side-by-side comparison of a K3 and a Mercury based HPSDR radio.  Both radios were fed from the same antenna.

Steve did post his review on the Top Band  reflector and I’ll pass this email to him in the expectation that he will repeat his review here and in particular the technical reason for the superior performance of his preferred radio.

73 Phil...VK6APH