[hpsdr] Ghpsdr3 and the Android client

Gar Fisher grrrrr at telus.net
Tue Sep 4 23:40:10 PDT 2012

Ok, so I am the proud owner of a spanking new Google Nexus 7 tablet.  Of course one of the first things I want to do is get John Melton's Android client running on it.
I go to Google play, and download this app:

http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page

This seems to run a bit, but it does not seem to allow me to change the frequencies (using the servers listed in the app).  I tried it with my own dspserver which I built over a year ago,
but alas, no joy.  It seems to connect ok, but dspserver doesn't seem to recognize any of the commands being sent by the client, and then disconnects from the (Android) Client.

Anybody have any ideas on what's wrong?

As an aside to this, I downloaded a new copy of ghpsdr3 from the TAPR SVN and attempted to build it (thinking my old copy might be out of date).  I was successful in building the DttSP lib, and dspserver, but building the server and receiver produced error messages.

The error messages are mostly undefined references to libusb, even though I have this installed.  There is also another undefined ref to something called pthread_create.

I also appear to be missing glibconfig.h.

I was successful in building this stuff a few years ago with an older version of ubuntu, but can't seem to get everything built here.  I am using Ubuntu 12.04

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

73

Gar Fisher VA7GRR