[hpsdr] Will the Angelia blank PC Board be available...?

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Sep 10 06:46:53 PDT 2012

On Sep 10, 2012, at 12:19 AM, RW Mail List wrote:

>  I like the idea that Angelia with two antennas, will be able to reduce QRM/QRN and be used as a signal direction finder.

Roderick,

Keep in mind that to perform direction finding one needs at least three independent receivers/antennas.  Therefore the Angelia board with only two coherent receivers will not be able to perform direction finding functions by itself.  The earlier-mentioned "daughterboard" approach for Angelia to add an additional ADC for a third receiver is likely not going to be a practical approach due to lack of header connections to be able to support such a board on the Angelia PCB.  At least that's my understanding of the situation.

 I know that Abhi is working on a design for a four-ADC receiver board for the Atlas bus that would do a great job for that application but it is still in the very early design stages presently I believe.  The board will almost certainly be a receive-only board but could be used with a Penelope/PennyLane transmitter, of course.

73,  Joe K5SO