[hpsdr] Active Antenna (cross post)

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sun Sep 30 08:28:14 PDT 2012

I don't know if this is connected, but many times when I go to respond to
message here (and other lists), my email client either drops the text of
the message, or puts it in an attachment.  This seems to be the result of
HTML and/or UTF8.

<soapbox>
I don't understand why people let the default of their email client stay
at html and UTF8 when there is nothing in any of these messages that
require it.  We're all typing plain text.

I see this as a dis-service to those who are on some sort of a data plan
where they pay by bytes.  Half or more of the bytes used are wasted (they
convey no useful information).
</soapbox>

It is not my intention to start any flame wars.  Just think about it ...
change your opinion or not, I'll respect your opinion.