[hpsdr] Virtual machines under MacOS

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Apr 8 01:21:40 PDT 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 1:16 AM, Kevin Wheatley <kevin.m0khz at gmail.com> wrote:

> All
>
> Has anyone had any success in running cuSDR / PSDR within a virtual machine on a Mac? I've a Win7 VM here running under Fusion and having lot's of issues, I can't even get HPSDRProgrammer to recognise my hardware!

You may not even need to get cuSDR running in a VM.  I don't know what Hermann's current status is, but it was compiling natively on MacOS a while back.

> Is it even worth progressing, or should I retain a standalone Win m/c for cuSDR.

My guess is that you have the Fusion networking in NAT mode rather than in Bridge mode.  The Hermes/Metis discovery won't work in NAT mode.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com