[hpsdr] New P*SDR for OpenHPSDR released (v3.0.4)

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 08:42:42 PDT 2013

Hi Doug et al,

Boy, PowerSDR is really  progressing!  Thanks!!

I really like the Click Tune Drag feature!  When using it, just remember
that you can't click to select a frequency farther away from your center
frequency than +/- 0.5*SamplingRate, even though the Panafall will show
you a more extended frequency range.

I am having a problem with the Enable Static IP Address feature.  It
never finds the static IP addresses, even though I [think] I am
following the suggestions on how to use it.

When I try to select a static IP address, In addition to getting the
"Error Starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powered" message, I
also get an error message saying "PortAudio Error - 9988 "Invalid Stream
Pointer"..

My radios' static IP addresses are 192.168.1.64 and 192.168.1 7 and my
computer running PowerSDR is at 192.168.1.138.  Right now, until I get
this working, I make sure that I only have one radio or the other
powered on at a time (and not both), not wanting to complicate things.

I try to use this by:

1.  Selecting "Enable Static IP Address on the HPSDR Setup Hardware
Config window
2.  putting ip address in boxes
3.  clicking radio button for IP address I want
4.  clicking set IP
5.  clicking Apply / OK [redundant I realize]
6.  closing Power SDR
7.  restarting Power SDR
8.  trying both options of clicking again and not clicking again on
SetIP before
9.  clicking Start to run the radio.

After getting the error messages above, I can just unclick Enable Static
IP Address and click Full Network Discovery, and then when I click Start
everything runs fine, and the correct Metis IP address shows up on the
HPSDR Setup Hardware Config window.  So the Full Network Discovery
option is working fine with both of my radios.

Thanks in advance,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but not sure what.