[hpsdr] RE MUNIN PC Boards

dlwaddel at netzero.net dlwaddel at netzero.net
Sat Apr 27 05:30:37 PDT 2013

Gregory,

Yeah, a parts buy has been mentioned. I wasn't thinking of a parts buy, but am re-thinking it. The obvious time to add a parts buy would be in time to ship with the boards. In particular the transistors, heat sink, heat spreader, and maybe other parts would be useful.

I don't mind the work part, but the cost of buying all those components will be significant with over 100 boards requested. I am on a fixed retirement income and don't have unlimited discretionary income to finance the buy and collect when shipped. Nevertheless, I'm considering the idea.

I'm open to suggestions. Obviously, prepayment by most requesters would solve the financing part.

I'm going to look at some of the expensive parts in view of quantity buys. We can probably save a significant amount. For example, the expensive transistors are about $32.00 each for two, but drops almost in half for qantity of 100.

Kjell is working on updating the BOM and other documents, As soon as he gets the updated BOM to me, I plan to work on identifying vendors and costs.

Th all started out by me looking for a board for myself. :)

And for those who are concerned, I am not trying to circumvent TAPRor in ny way step on their toes. Im just trying to help out my fellow Hams. I continue to be amazed by the demand!

Don
K3DLW