[hpsdr] OpenSDR w/Windows 7

John radio at mediacombb.net
Fri Aug 2 17:06:34 PDT 2013

I have assembled new quad core computer running Windows 7 Pro - 64
bit operating system.
Hermes reports v2.4 ID 01

If I look at the properties of the main executable program, PowerSDR
v2.2.14.0  3/10/2013 I find that on my PC it is setup in the
compatibility mode to run under Windows XP(Service Pack 2).

Is this the correcting setting?

My problem is that it is very hard to turn on Hermes and the program
often hangs up and must be shut down using the Window task
monitor.  When I finally get Hermes running it reports it is using
only 18% of the resources, much better than my aged PC running XP.

73

John   WoGN