[hpsdr] Using ByteBlaster under Ubuntu Linux to flash the Hermes Bootloader....

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Fri Aug 2 18:20:48 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I thought I would warn anyone else who might fall into the trap I did
when attempting to program Hermes using the ByteBlaster and Altera's
software on Ubuntu.  Even if you are sure you have modified the udev
rules correctly, and have restarted udev, use sudo to run the Altera
quartus_pgmw.  It works that way.  :-)  I'm sure there is a way to get
the permissions to the ordinary user, but the messages from Altera
weren't totally clear when it didn't work.

I have my homemade Hermes to the point where it is accepting pings and
the LEDs look good.  Now I'm working on how best to test it under Linux.

73,

Rob
KL7NA