[hpsdr] Penelope T2 orientation

dmb at lightstream.net dmb at lightstream.net
Sat Aug 24 21:20:40 PDT 2013

Now that I have the Munin kit and plan to *finally* put Penelope on the
air, I've been testing it to be sure that it still works.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to rotate T2 on my original TAPR
Penelope board, purchased back in 2008. The maximum RF output is currently
about 286 mW on most bands. The silkscreen for T2 on the card shows the
'dot' in the lower right corner (rf connector to the right; Atlas bus
connector at bottom). The dot on the actual transformer is also at the
lower right -- so it's right next to the silkscreened dot on the board.

I don't mind rotating the transformer if that is necessary, but I'd rather
not rotate it, find that I shouldn't have done so, and then have to rotate
it back again. Too many opportunities for me to damage something.

So ... does it sound like it needs to be rotated?

Thanks & 73,
Dale, WA8SRA