[hpsdr] Penelope + Munin + AL-811H Advice.

Keith n3ick at cox.net
Sat Aug 3 09:47:14 PDT 2013

A while back I set up my ALS-600 to work using both the rf
(+Pennywhistle)  and open collector outputs from Pennylane. I used an
external 8 channel solid state relay board for the open collector
outputs from Pennylane as I wanted auto band switching for the ALS-600
along with PTT. All control signals from Pennylane are isolated from the
amplifier in this setup. The 12V from the ALS-600 is used across the
solid state relay contacts to control the ALS-600 band switching and
PTT. I did have to modify the ALS-600 (as per designer recommendations)
to accept the 15W from Penny Whistle they were very easy just remove the
swamping resistor and rewind the input transformer. Almost forgot I
added some leds to the box with the solid state relay board for band and
PTT indications. Been working well for a couple of years now.

73
N3ICK