[hpsdr] What is the best way to interface Hermes to a non standard filter/PA/Transverter network?

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Tue Aug 6 11:08:47 PDT 2013

Hi Rob

I can not find a clear schematic of the PA section, but it looks like it
uses high side switching on the relays through some type of interface IC
on bottom left of PA schematic.  Each filter has been individually
selected previously similar to Alex which uses low side switching.
I did an alternate design for Alex so I could use Packer filters and I
am finishing up the first units.  There is a document on my Munin2 page
near the bottom that has the schematic and board layout info.  Hope to
have a couple of pictures available in a few days. Give it a look the
circuit may work if the inputs are true low in the connector to the PA
board.
http://www.k9ivb.net/munin2/Alternate_Alex_Interface_V6.pdf
or the web page
http://k9ivb.net/munin2/