[hpsdr] Pre-Distortion

Mike Seguin n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Mon Dec 9 03:32:14 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

Yes the Bird sniffers output RF. I know Dielectric also makes one that
is adjustable. Model 87004 'xtractor'

I use a Bird 4275 all the time in my 50 MHz and up amp testing.

http://www.bird-technologies.com/en/Products/Components/Variable-Signal-Samplers/4275-Series_20-1000-MHz-Variable-RF-Signal-Samplers.aspx#.UqWpwuKQNl8

Mike

On 12/9/2013 6:01 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

>> Hi All,
>
>> The progress of the pre-distortion software is remarkable. I suppose the
>> general release is coming up soon. You will need an appropriate RF sampler
>> in the feedback loop to use this great functionality. For all and especially
>> for the home-brewers, who will be prepared for this exciting date, I put
>> some info about such a device on http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx
>
>> Season's Greetings.
>
>> 73, Helmut, DC6NY
>

> 09/12/2013 10:58
>
> I mistakenly sent the following question direct to Helmut, in error,
> and he has replied directly telling me the Bird slugs emit rectified
> output, not straight RF. But I seem to recall seeing "sniffer" slugs
> for Bird Thrulines, and meters. Do these emit bare RF, are are they
> too a rectified output on the sniffer BNC connector? Looking for a
> none invasive way to use what I have. Thanks.
>
> The question mistakenly sent direct to Helmut was:
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Congratulations and thank you for your work with this great
> technology.
>
> A very naive question please? My amp is a single valve (tube) amp, not
> solid state. It has a Bird dual port (forward / reflected with
> separate slugs) Thruline adaptor between output and antenna. Can such
> a device be used to acquire the feedback signal in any way? Thanks
> Helmut, and a very happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New
> Year.

Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"