[hpsdr] Pre-Distortion

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Mon Dec 9 06:29:44 PST 2013

Ok Michael, you are welcome. Assume legal power level of 1.5 kW, which is
equal + 62 dBm. The typical clipping barrier of the ADC on our HPSDR boards
is -15dBm. That means the necessary isolation has to be at least the
difference of both levels, i.e. 77 dB.
As an ADC provides best resolution and SFDR when driven close to this
barrier, an adjustable attenuation in the feedback loop makes sense to get
close to this level.

73, Helmut, DC6NY