[hpsdr] Predistortion

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 14:44:35 PST 2013

Hi All,
I found the program works well with my modified MRI amplifier. My coupler is pretty simple. I took a pamona box and mounted a couple type n connectors across from each other. Then put a couple inches of RG393 between them and was lucky to find a shield terminator flange for one side. the other end of the shield floats. I mounted two transformers over the RG393 .87 inch type 61 cores. One core has 50 turns  of  teflon insulated wire wrap wire center tapped that will be the forward and reverse power pick up. The second transformer has 60 turns of wire wrap wire. The second core has a 50 ohm load across it.to a BNC connector. I have a step attenuator and some fixed pads to drop the power to a safe level for the RX.  It works pretty slick. I plan to use a VK4DD control board to monitor power.
Frank WA1GFZ