[hpsdr] Pre-Distortion

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Thu Dec 12 07:00:44 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Clyde Washburn <k2ue at rochester.rr.com>wrote:

> There are sniffer plugs for the Bird 43 with a sampled BNC output -- I
> have used them many times over the years for IM testing of
> commercial SSB transmitters.

I am sure this is fine for trying out the technology, but is that what you
want for normal, everyday operation? Do you want to have to tie up your
Bird wattmeter every time you want to transmit? I think that we probably
want a good, dedicated sampler that can go on the output of every PA we
have.

The other thing that comes to mind is a switching system that does a better
job of isolating the ADC from leakage from intermediate stages so that the
sampler is the only source of input during TX or that allows FDX operation.
I would love to see something like the Apache radios repackaged with
leakage in mind.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
706 Flightline Drive