[hpsdr] New clock oscillator for OpenHPSDR?

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Fri Dec 13 13:57:08 PST 2013

Hi Kjell,

Nice low phase noise!

Unfortunately we can't drop it in for the existing openHPSDR boards,
since they require a 3.3V VCXO.  I suppose that we could dispense
with the control input and not be able to phase-lock to 10MHz, but
the 5V issue is more difficult.

Crystek has offered to select our current oscillators to a stricter
phase-noise specification at a cost premium. I don't know if they
could approach the 945 spec, though, since it is around 10dB better
at some frequency offsets.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI