[hpsdr] Munin works finally

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Wed Dec 18 05:20:31 PST 2013

Hi Berndt.

I have also seen the increase of bias current when the temperature rise.
Therefore I included the stabilizing circuit. But anyway, I always us a
cooling fan. Remember that the idling power is >40W.(13,8V X 3A=41,4W) At
100W CW, the power consumption is ca. 250W and at least 150W is heat.

With a temperature controlled cooling fan, I believe Munin can be used for
very long periods at full power on RTTY. But PSK31 requires that the PA
always is in its linear range so running more than 25-30W is not
recommended. This is true for all 100W transceivers.

73, Kjell

På Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:05:09 +0100, skrev Berndt Josef Wulf

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/