[hpsdr] Mounting Munin T1 & T2??

John radio at mediacombb.net
Wed Dec 25 05:24:23 PST 2013

Thanks for the offer Tim, but I have the straps that came with the
kit.  They do seem pretty thick to bend so that they contact both the
top of the transistor flange and the circuit board nicely.  I could
make thinner straps out of copper foil and probably bend them or,
maybe, buy some copper of the right thickness to fill the void
between the top of the heat spreader and the straps I have.

Dick, what I'm trying to say is best described in the mechanical
drawing of the RD100HF-1 data sheet available here:
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/semiconductors/content/product/hf/sirfpowermosfet/siliconrfdiscrete/siliconrfdiscrete_lv4/rd100hhf1.pdf

The thickness of the flange is 3.3 +/- 0.2 mm but the bottom of the
other leads is 4.5 +/- 0.7 mm above the bottom of the flange.  The
problem I see is that when I make the four mounting posts for the
circuit board so that the drain and gate leads are flush against the
pads on top of the board, the top of the flange (source connection)
is a considerable distance (nominally 1.2 mm) below the top of the
circuit board.  I do not understand how the drawing on page 2 of
Mounting the RD100HHF1
http://www.k9ivb.net/Munin2/Mounting_The_RD100HHF1.pdf
applies.  That drawing shows the RD100HHF1 flush with both the heat
spreader and the top surface of the circuit board.  One of the
pictures on your site shows the straps are flat and the other picture
shows them bent, but the bent ones don't look as if they are bent
enough to reach the top of the flange.

John, WoGN